Most Recent Blog Posts
- Friday Factoids: The Homunculus
- Friday Factoid: Conquering Quarantine Fatigue
- Friday Factoid: Racial Differences and Psychotropic Prescriptions
- Article Review: Ferrando, S.J., et al. (2020). COVID-19 psychosis: A potential new neuropsychiatric condition triggered by novel coronavirus infection and the inflammatory response?
- Article Review: Smalley, C. M., et al. (2020). The impact of COVID-19 on suicidal ideation and alcohol presentations to emergency departments in a large healthcare system.
Blog Posts By Category
Blog Posts By Month
Tag Archives: Quarantine
Article Review: Smalley, C. M., et al. (2020). The impact of COVID-19 on suicidal ideation and alcohol presentations to emergency departments in a large healthcare system.
Sarah Watts, MS WKPIC Doctoral Intern Smalley et al. (2020) explored whether the rates of both suicidal ideation and binge drinking had increased during the “Stay at Home” orders with the COVID-19 pandemic. The authors conducted a retrospective study … Continue reading
Article Review: Brooks, S., et al. (2020). The psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it: Rapid review of the evidence.
Katelyn Yunes, MS WKPIC Doctoral Intern The researchers performed an article review of the psychological impact of quarantining. A search in three electronic databases yielded 3166 papers, 24 of which matched criteria (e.g., at least 24-hour quarantine, report data … Continue reading