Most Recent Blog Posts
- Friday Factoids: The Homunculus
- Friday Factoid: Conquering Quarantine Fatigue
- Friday Factoid: Racial Differences and Psychotropic Prescriptions
- Article Review: Ferrando, S.J., et al. (2020). COVID-19 psychosis: A potential new neuropsychiatric condition triggered by novel coronavirus infection and the inflammatory response?
- Article Review: Smalley, C. M., et al. (2020). The impact of COVID-19 on suicidal ideation and alcohol presentations to emergency departments in a large healthcare system.
Blog Posts By Category
Blog Posts By Month
Tag Archives: intellectual disability
What do you do when you have patients who could really benefit from Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, but they can’t read, or have much lower intellectual capacity and can’t learn some of the bigger words and concepts, or have interference and … Continue reading
Julie F. Brown has modified DBT techniques for use with individuals with intellectual disabilities. The Skills System is comprised of skills and tools for effectively managing emotions, thoughts, and actions. Her guide for clinicians, The Skills System Instructor’s … Continue reading