Most Recent Blog Posts
- Friday Factoids: The Homunculus
- Friday Factoid: Conquering Quarantine Fatigue
- Friday Factoid: Racial Differences and Psychotropic Prescriptions
- Article Review: Ferrando, S.J., et al. (2020). COVID-19 psychosis: A potential new neuropsychiatric condition triggered by novel coronavirus infection and the inflammatory response?
- Article Review: Smalley, C. M., et al. (2020). The impact of COVID-19 on suicidal ideation and alcohol presentations to emergency departments in a large healthcare system.
Blog Posts By Category
Blog Posts By Month
Tag Archives: self-care
Katelyn Yunes, MS WKPIC Doctoral Intern As discussed previously in the March article review, there are psychological implications from spending time in quarantine, particularly for healthcare workers. Over the past few weeks, several stores, companies, and restaurants began providing … Continue reading
Friday Factoids: Psychology Got Talent! (Or, the art of recognizing and valuing true productivity while promoting self-care in others.)
If you would like to become more productive while at the same time having more free time for yourself, you need to etch the ratio 52:17 into your mind. According to an article in the BBC health Column, the … Continue reading
As a Peer Support Specialist, I have to be very cautious about taking care of myself. Yes, I am in recovery, but I am not cured. I still have what is considered a serious mental illness. If I were to … Continue reading