Most Recent Blog Posts
- Friday Factoid: Conquering Quarantine Fatigue
- Friday Factoid: Racial Differences and Psychotropic Prescriptions
- Article Review: Ferrando, S.J., et al. (2020). COVID-19 psychosis: A potential new neuropsychiatric condition triggered by novel coronavirus infection and the inflammatory response?
- Article Review: Smalley, C. M., et al. (2020). The impact of COVID-19 on suicidal ideation and alcohol presentations to emergency departments in a large healthcare system.
- Friday Factoid: What is “Pure O” OCD and Does it Exist?
Blog Posts By Category
Blog Posts By Month
Tag Archives: Stress
Article Review: Brooks, S., et al. (2020). The psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it: Rapid review of the evidence.
Katelyn Yunes, MS WKPIC Doctoral Intern The researchers performed an article review of the psychological impact of quarantining. A search in three electronic databases yielded 3166 papers, 24 of which matched criteria (e.g., at least 24-hour quarantine, report data … Continue reading
Stress is the most significant risk factor for expenditures in healthcare (Azagba & Sharaf, 2011). Mindfulness-based (MB) interventions, specifically Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) are one approach to efficiently dealing with stress (Shapiro, Astin, Bishop, & Cordova, 2005). Jon Kabat-Zinn developed … Continue reading