Most Recent Blog Posts
- Friday Factoids: Returning to Work During COVID
- Friday Factoids: Has COVID affected the kinds of psychiatric cases seen in the Emergency Department?
- Article Review: Clinical Differentiation of Bipolar II Disorder from Borderline Personality Disorder
- Friday Factoids: Drinking to Cope with the Pandemic
- Article Review: Psychosocial Treatment of Schizophrenia
Blog Posts By Category
Blog Posts By Month
Tag Archives: Stress
Article Review: Brooks, S., et al. (2020). The psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it: Rapid review of the evidence.
Katelyn Yunes, MS WKPIC Doctoral Intern The researchers performed an article review of the psychological impact of quarantining. A search in three electronic databases yielded 3166 papers, 24 of which matched criteria (e.g., at least 24-hour quarantine, report data … Continue reading
Stress is the most significant risk factor for expenditures in healthcare (Azagba & Sharaf, 2011). Mindfulness-based (MB) interventions, specifically Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) are one approach to efficiently dealing with stress (Shapiro, Astin, Bishop, & Cordova, 2005). Jon Kabat-Zinn developed … Continue reading